Groupon Review - IPL @ Ginza Calla

10:17 PM


Bought another Groupon a month plus ago...

singapore ipl ginza calla

Apparently loads of my friends already have similar packages with other IPL salons like Musee Platinum. So am I the only one who is using ancient methods?! Haha. Anyway, Musee also have similar promotions on Groupon before but I saw this post.. that turned me off, also from their Facebook page, it seem really hard to make appointments. Ginza Calla on the other hand have quite a number of bloggers (paid advertorials unfortunately) raving about it, less is known about Ginza so I decided to try it on the assumption that I can make future appointments easier.  

plaza singapura jurassic world dinosaur

It only has a branch in Plaza Singapura and when I was there, there were some road show about Jurassic Park movie! Rawr!

plaza singapura jurassic world dinosaur

My review:   Apparently while the Groupon entices you with UNLIMITED sessions, the staff said that hair would stop growing after 3-5 years. In addition, membership will automatically be cancelled if you didn't go for treatments for more than six months. So by their logic, it is not unlimited afterall. Anyway it is only $35, so not much to complain about really. 

Everything was done really professionally, with the staff explaining the various do's and don'ts prior to and after each IPL session. Stuff like no alcohol drinking, sauna, spa on the day before the session. 

The whole session took about 20 minutes from prepping to the actual lasering and finally some post-IPL moisturising work.  As it was my first time doing IPL I was a little nervous. Would I go blind?! What if it is too freaking painful?! As you know, our eyes are covered to protect us from the strong beam, so our other senses are HEIGHTENED. 

It is NOT entirely painless like what some other people said. It felt like hot ashes from joss sticks on certain parts, or the hot wax dripping down from your birthday candle, but it only last for a short while. Most of the time though, I felt nothing, except the light and warm heat.  If your pain threshold is extremely low, you can tell the staff to stop for a while before continuing. Also, I liked that the staff tells us what they are doing before doing it, this helped me calm down a lot. Post session, it was completely painless for me, though my friend (also another first timer) reported tingling sensation an hour after the treatment. 

Booking of appointments are also relatively easy. Basically you book your next appointment (in two months time) when you come the session. I cannot say if I have lesser hair growth since I have only done it once, but in general it was a pleasant experience :) 

singapore ipl ginza calla

The room itself is small, but really you don't need a big room to do IPL. 
These are the machines they used, it can be a tad too loud at times...

singapore ipl ginza calla

For those who are interested in other packages, these are the current promotions. 

singapore ipl ginza calla price

Update: Hair growth was really slower which means it works yay! Went for the second appointment too! This time they tried to use a higher intensity laser, which was more painful. I gave up half way on one side and the therapist advised that the effects would be lesser - fine by me! 

14 comments:

  1. Groupon is very popular here but I'd yet to try to purchase anything thru there.. Shall try it once in future!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used Groupon in India and absolutely love their offers.
    - Heena, www.icynosure.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groupon is very popular for their deals and I absolutely love it. I've purchased from them before and it's really good deals. :)

    GIG Love,
    -Siew Hui, http://3verythingilove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used Groupon too in my country and they have some really good offers up for grabs. Worth every penny!

    New Post - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds painful haha:p I personally haven't tried groupon but have heard that they do some really great offers x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used Groupon a few times but never been very happy with the service. This looks pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made me more curious in availing groupon offers. Heard good ones from here

    ReplyDelete
  8. the place is so nice for a treatment and relaxing.
    but i never hear of groupon website before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad that it was a pleasant one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've tried Groupon for random product purchase but never bought any such service. Great post.

    do drop by... GreenStory
    Join me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had my friend bought from Groupon before, and it was an awesome deal, but of course we need to be careful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd tried it once and I regret it badly ... Worst services I got ... I wish and hope it turns out good for ya'll peoples x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you had a great experience there. I personally wouldn't try this as I am too scared to do such things =p
    <a href="http://whatfatemahsays.com>Fatemah Sajwani | What Fatemah Says </a >

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree that Ginz calla service have dropped a lot. It’s always so hard to book an appt because of their opening hours are shorten than normal salon (1pm-9pm) only. Other beauty salon would open at 10/11am. Not only that there is lack of staffs with high turnover. Hence they can’t operate longer hours.
    Now with that, they changed customer interval per session longer to make sure that they can cover the absent of staffs. Before I sign the full package, I was told I can book every 8 weeks and if I didn’t come for more than 6months my package will be invalid.
    But now due to lack of staffs and non stop promotion, they changed the rule to every 6 months interval instead, but my hair grow are still very thick and obvious. However they refused to let me come for appt nor do treatment on me. My unlimited package is just a waste and not worth it. They can change their rules whenever they want.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.