Save 3 Lives Today!

Since my unofficial graduation, I have been living the high life.



Couch potato-ing!!! 
Admit it! You are jealous!

Of course I did some other stuff too like playing games, exercising and even made a visit to the Institute of Mental Hospital for some study (it was a seriously depressing place, so I am not going to talk about it). 

Anyway! So I went for my IPL appointment at Ginza Calla. It's probably my fourth or fifth time with them and I must say the hair growth is a lot lesser and slower which was really great.


BUT! 
As I mentioned before it was not a completely painless process so even though the sessions were quick, I still dread appointment days. I even contemplated not going for V-line IPL because it makes me unhappy. 

Thankfully though, they got a new machine and gave me a trial session. It is now 99% painless and the remaining 1% was a bit painful, but less than before. Of course it came with a price....  tag of $136, but I happily paid for it because it was really a great upgrade from before. One of my friends mentioned that Musee was painless from the start, but since I have not been a customer at both places, it is not like I could compare. 


This is how the machine looks like!
You may click on my previous post to see the old machine. Oh! My friend who went to Ginza with me also paid up $900 for unlimited IPL for legs (just thought you might be interested). So far I have spent $35 + $136 = $171 for underarms and V-line unlimited IPL which is not that bad. They also switched to a new membership card where we can get 1 free small area ipl for free after the 3rd visit. Initially when I heard about this, I was like no thanks, it might be shit painful since it is a new area, but since I signed up to this new machine, yay!

After the session I went over to HSA Blood Bank @ Dhoby Ghaut. I have never donated blood before because I could not meet the 45kg weight requirement -.- and now I can thanks to couch potato-ing I guess hahaha. 



So I proceeded to fill up the declaration form. While blood can save lives, it can also kill too especially if you have HIV, hepatitis or what not. After that they did a prick test to check the haemoglobin level and I passed with flying colours. I was then asked to drink water and then I wondered was it because I have bad breath or anything haha. It turned out that if your blood is more fluid, they can collect your blood quickly. It usually takes 5-10mins for blood donation. I was SHOCKED when I heard it, WHY SO FAST ?!

Of course when I was in the donor's room, I was nervous as hell thinking that it would be shit painful. I did some last minute texting to my friend asking how painful it would be, but while I was halfway asking, the needle was already in lolwtf. Yes there is that painful feeling, obviously since there is a needle poking into your vein, but they have applied local anaesthesia so you really do not feel that pain. I give it a 1-2/10 on a pain scale. In fact the painful part is really squeezing that stress ball to pump the blood out, my hand turned jelly lol. 
the room is more spacious than this.
In the end... I took 3 minutes to donate a bag of blood. Then stayed on the chair for 10 minutes because they didn't want me to faint on the spot. I honestly wanted to stay longer because it was so comfy. 

So here's my warrior band!

The treats donors are entitled to. I just took 1 milo because I *shy*


When the staff were preparing all the needles and stuff, they kept throwing goodies into my lap. That 2016 planner (beautifully made btw) etc and I was thoroughly distracted. 


So in addition to my weight issue, I used to think donating blood is very inconvenient and it used to be the truth, there simply wasn't enough such centres around back then. What we used to have was a central donation place + some vans driving around. Now there are four more locations in the heartlands (they close after office hours ok!) , so no one should be giving any excuses about not donating. 

Sometimes I think about how some people deserve to die because they were drink driving or whatnot so they do not deserve any blood transfusion. But in the spirit of public health, I still think that blood donation is extremely important. You really never know when it would be your turn to need that bag of blood (or two bags or three). Overheard a donor saying "I have no money, so I donate blood", every bit counts people :) 

If everyone can be this civic-minded, then the message below will not appear in the future. 





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.