Groupon - Shi Fu Ge Crab In A Bag Imperial Pot

4:56 PM

There has not been a lot of reviews on companies selling their stuff on Groupon. I have seen forum stories about the horrors of purchasing from Groupon but there have not been much reviews on decent companies. They do exist!! 


So one day I came across this deal. 
It was about crabs and I love crabs ( to eat I mean)!!
Then it said free delivery to those places and my house is in one of those places. OMG!


shi fu ge crab in bag imperial pot singapore groupon


$79.90 was a little too expensive for me though even though essentially it meant ~$16 per person. 
However, my number 1 worry is that it WILL NOT feed 5 persons. That's usually what happens when we buy a deal. The seller just make a smaller portion for you.  Anyway, I finally purchased the deal at 18% off (so about $65) because there was some additional promotion on Groupon. 

My experience with Shi Fu Ge
On my first try (on a weekend) I was not able to order the crab for dinner as they were too busy. So I tried again on another weekend (coincidentally it was the eve of Mother's Day, what a great excuse to use the groupon hehe). Again, the place was too busy and the person said they can only promise to deliver by 8.15pm. I told them I would like to have it at 7pm if possible, but if not 8.15pm is fine as well. 




Unexpectedly they came at 7.10pm 
*cheers*


Now the pictures didn't even come close to show how delicious the food was because we were all in a hurry to dig in. Also the crab shell didn't look like that at all, I was suppose to show you the red shell I know lol. It came really well packed, with tones of paper, aluminium foil and plastic. There were no leak whatsoever and the food was PIPING HOT! 

shi fu ge crab in bag imperial pot singapore

shi fu ge crab in bag imperial pot singapore


This was the so-called asian flavour. I have no idea what that means but safe to say, this is neither black pepper nor chilli crab. It was the onion-ly, black pepper taste common in tze char food. There was also a tinge of sweetness thanks to the corn. 

Oh the restaurant also cracked the shells for us. It was so nicely done that I didn't have to peel with much effort for 90% of the crabs. It also came with prawns, mussels and la-la. 
Bf said the prawn was super fresh.


Was the groupon worth it?
Definitely.
There were TWO crabs instead of one. I expected one crab, with some semi-fresh seafood but I got two crabs and fresh seafood in piping hot "asian" sauce. How great was that?

Can it fit 5?
Sure if it is 5 girls (with a bowl of rice each)

but if it were 5 hungry boys, I think it could feed 3 at max?

Update July 7 2015: I have since bought yet another (this time from Qoo10), I think Shi Fu Ge took their customer's feedback seriously, this time round there were more food in the bag. I could not pinpoint where the increases were, but suffice to say they weren't the crabs lol. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos because I was too hungry by the time the order came. Tried the spicy version this time, but it was not my favourite kind of spicy, so if I want to indulge again I would choose non-spicy version again! 

Shi Fu Ge Qoo10 Crab
Just in case anyone thinks I fake-buy

The company also took pains to remind me that I have not used up the deal and SMS-ed about it. While they stated that they only take orders via phone calls, I was able to SMS my order to them. Why they so nice @.@ 

I am not sure what are you guys waiting for, especially for those who live near Shi Fu Ge. DELIVERY IS FREE YO! How many times do people living in Malaysia North get free delivery?! Stop reading and start buying!! 




17 comments:

  1. This seems super expensive to me, I'd never spend that amount on a Groupon deal. Only in a restaurant. It looks pretty yummy though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not had the best experience with Groupon but crabs at $15 per person, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I love crab. I kinda would be a little worried to purchase this off groupon, but I see enjoyed it! So that's great news!

    Kayla || The Little Lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had crab in so long! I'm totally craving some now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy..You sure have an eye to spot a deal and grab it too.
    - Heena, www.icynosure.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow so cheap! I'm not fond of crab myself but i know a lot go my friends are

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not personally tried Groupon but I know a couple of people who've had s mixed experience. I haven't had crab in so long, maybe I should go get some haha x
    Lifasapetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that you enjoyed your dinner and that the groupon was worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, it didn't look that nice in photo but it sounded really yummy!
    and there's also clams and mussels! gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy! You should visit the Philippines! In the south where I live, you can eat more than a kilo of crab for less than $25.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the place of food is so mess.
    but i think it does taste really yummy.
    something worth it to buy :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently started using Groupon but haunt tried ant food deal yet! I think I should give it a try!

    http://greenstoryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Owh whao!! That look so so yummy and delish!! It's sure fun to eat that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love groupon! I have tried their food deals yet, but I find the best electronic accessories there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Groupon has some great deals that are worth every dime you pay! I totally love Groupon, I usually pick up travel and stay deals from them in my country.

    GIG Love
    SAP on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have group on in India, too but they don't have that great deals. I prefer others :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i haven't tried crabs yet but i love how you described the food in this post.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.