[review] Jergens Lotions Series

10:56 PM
Advertorial

When it comes to beauty, most of our attention tends to go to the face. Whether do we have nice makeup on, whether can we try to minimise the number of pimples popping on our faces, whether can our faces be less oily and our pores be smaller.

But when it comes to our body...


it is merely just: *puts shower gel and washes off*

That's quite unfair right? We have more skin on our body leh.

Ok I am sure that's not what all people do, but that's essentially what I do. Until one day I realised my shower gel is actually stripping away moisture from my body, thankfully not to the extent that it flakes, but my skin didn't feel smooth to touch and for a second I thought I aged by like 100 years old.


After that incident I began to look at what more care I can give to my body. Obviously I avoided using that shower gel (forever!!!!!) but I also got more interested in wanting to make my body look and feel better. Jergens came by and helped lol. I have to admit prior to this, I did not know that Jergens is the no. 1 brand in US. There is some comfort in knowing that Jergens must work otherwise it wouldn't be no. 1 right?

jergens moisturizing lotions

So I was given three types of lotion: Ultra Healing (orange), Daily Moisture(blue)  and Soothing Aloe (green). 
As the names suggest
Ultra Healing:  to repair your skin and make it look healthier. (contains Vitamin C, E & B5)
Soothing Aloe: to revive skin for visibly more refreshed skin (contains cucumber extract and aloe vera)
Daily Moisture: Improve texture for visibly smoother skin (contains silk proteins and citrus extract)


Also as a bonus, in addition to these primary function, 96% of the women surveyed experience all-day skin luminosity (thanks to their trademark - Hydralucence). I don't know what luminosity means to you, but to me it means like having those shine we see on model's leg that is not due to oil or water reflection lol.

jergens moisturizing soothing aloe lotion

I picked the soothing aloe version to use because I do not have any major stuff on my skin that needs healing. The formulation for that is naturally thicker and richer - which is something I do not require. I did not pick daily moisture version as well because it still feels too rich for me and the lotion took longer to absorb. I do not have the luxury of time (to wait) so I ended up using soothing aloe. 

Soothing aloe does give me sufficient moisture and at the same time it absorbs faster into my skin which I really liked. As a bonus, the scent was also pleasant and not too overwhelming like the Ultra Healing was. My boyfriend had some eczema on his legs and after using ultra healing, he said that he didn't like the scent nor the slow rate of absorbency very much, but did admit that his skin feels healthier so I guess it does what it said it would! I also saw the 'luminosity' like the other respondents under the spotlights in my house :D I would suggest to use the soothing aloe version if you need something to maintain your current skin moisture level!

All these lotions you have seen are in its retail size of 400ml and they can be found in supermarkets, pharmacies and personal care store for SGD8.90 which is quite cheap for a 400ml bottle! Go try them today :) 


24 comments:

  1. never heard of this brand but would love to try it... i personally dont like thicker lotions.... it really takes a lot of time to absorb..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know about this. I haven't been able to find a good lotion for quite sometime before this till I resorted back to Johnson's baby lotion which made my skin feel much more hydrated. :) I think I'll give this a try after I finish mine. Thanks for sharing :)

    Gig Love,
    -Siew Hui, http://3verythingilove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you mean, most of the time my skin looks extra dry after a shower and that's no thanks to the hot showers I like to have. Have been looking for something that moisturizes and cleans in a go, will have to try this out and see if it'll work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also use this body lotion.
    totally moisturise my skin well and absorb quickly..
    great..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen these around here and I'm tempted to try them! But I like my lotions to have SPF in them already so that I don't have to worry about putting on sunscreen when I go out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like lotion! I'm a tad obsessed with it, I like to stay moisturized and smelling nice.. Jergens looks interesting I should see if we have it in my country.. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also used them quite a few times and really liked how the nourish skin.

    Much Love
    http://greenstoryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not too keen on thick/rich creams as well, but might check out the aloe one you tried :) x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jegens is one of my favorite lotion and i regularly use it and love it every bit. Nice review :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like using the ultra healing on my shin because my skin there is super dry! and they don't leave a sticky feeling on our skin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm called the moisturizing queen at home, and would love to add this to my lotion/cream collection! GIGLove www.icynosure.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. i loved aloevera product..the scent is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of Jergens before but never used any products. I do love aloe vera products. They work a treat on my skin.

    GIG LOVE | The Life of Leeshastarr

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing beats a good moisturiser, they're definitely overlooked!
    Thanks for sharing,

    Pixee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your philosophy or taking more care of our bodies like we do our faces. Nice article you've got here and also very informative.

    http://llhuxlounge.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love jergens, their lotions are soo good!! Also your picture was super cute :D xoxo Francy @ https://www.fancy-francy.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would use lotion for my skin to feel soft and smooth =) Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. my mums used this brand before and she loves it

    ReplyDelete
  19. all of them sound very appealing to me. I would love to try them all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want my smooth skin so I think This product could help me <3
    Beauty Secret's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Never heard of this product before! Maybe it would be a nice try^^
    thanks for sharing♡

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always use a good moisturizer both in and out of the shower! Skin care requires full body attention!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know what you're so right! I hardly think about the skin on my body. I really need to though becuase it's been so dry lately. I've heard nothing but great things about Jergens. I'll def have to give them a try. BTW those robots are just too freakin cute!!! I always fall in love with the pictures of them you post on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where I come from we always use body lotion and/or butter; to avoid dry, ashy, uneven skin.
    I stopped using Jergens because of the ingredients though

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.