Taobao Spree : Agent VS Forwarder

11:16 PM
So for peeps who have joined or wish to join my Taobao Spree, here are some things you need to know.

There are basically two ways where we can purchase from Taobao:

  1. Through agents (like 65daigou)
  2. By ourselves
Some spree organisers have stated agent fees like 8% etc and that is because they went by the first method, while for my taobao spree, I did option 2 (apologies to those who joined the spree before seeing this post)! 

What are the differences?

Via Agent
  • Agent fee will be incurred
  • Agent will settle everything for the spree organisers. So if anything is lost, broken etc, agent will refund the spree organisers who will in turn refund spree-ers (by right) 
  • Agent will sometimes provide both air and sea shipping. 
  • Some agents will refund even if items are spoilt/ cannot function

No Agent
  • No agent fee incurred
  • I will settle everything for all spree-ers, this means I will track all the parcels will be reaching the forwarder, consolidate and request forwarder to send out (this is similar to the procedures for Vpost)
  • What this also means is that if there are missing items etc, I will be the one communicating with sellers and/or forwarders who may take a very long time to reply. 
  • Taobao has designated three forwarders as official forwarders, so I will use them. 
  • Through Taobao designated forwaders system, only AIR option is allowed, so I will not be using sea shipping.
  • I will not refund if the items are non-functional or damaged if the seller or forwarder refused to refund. 
  • If the seller insist on refunding only when you have sent back the item, please note that the shipping fee back to China will have to be covered by you. 
  • I have the ultimate power muahahaha! this means that if your item takes a long time to reach the forwarder, I have the right to reject or seek refund from sellers to avoid delaying the others from getting their orders. There is also a time limit as to how many days I can store the orders with the forwarder without incurring cost. 
Waiting time
I have not tried agent shipping before, so I am not sure how long the wait is. For those spree organisers' whose agents are also forwarders, the items may arrive quicker. 

So should I spree with you or other spree organisers?
This is entirely up to you, whether do you prefer to wait a little, or pay a little more to get your items :) 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.