[review] Esemtan Wash Lotion and Skin Balm

2:33 PM
Advertorial

This has got to be my first review trying shower gel :D
When I first got the invite to try Esemtan products, I was like what is Esemtan? I never heard of it before! So I went and google it.


Used by hospitals in Singapore!! This has got to be good! 

Refreshing, mild and gentle, soap-free wash for all skin types, all in one body wash

Here is the 500ml version
The liquid is bluish-green in colour - a colour that I long associate with hospitals lol. 
Apparently it can be used everywhere from hair to the entire body. I have personally tried it on my hair and I found that it does not dry my hair as much as another brand I am currently using. Hair was also slightly soft to touch, although it cannot beat the effects of a conditioner. 

Before Esemtan, I have been using anti-bacterial shower lotion, mainly because the SG weather is really hot, I don't want to give bacteria and germs a chance to grow on my back causing acne. Two brands that I have tried (starts with L and S) offers great protection but they also left my skin dry, like too squeaky-clean if you know what I mean, despite the various series I have tried. With Esemtan wash lotion, it is also anti-bacterial but at the same time it provides a slight level of moisture for the skin which I really like. 



As it is soap free, it does not provide that much bubble.
I pretty much enjoyed my experience with Esemtan Wash Lotion, but please put the bottle at a much more obvious place. Because of its packaging and the colour, some may mistaken it for detergent or something. 

The 500ml version costs $19.75 and the 1litre version costs $35.30
This would be excellent for people with sensitive and/or dry skin. 

Esemtan Skin Balm - the name was fascinating to me because it was the first time I saw the word 'balm' for skin, normally it is a term associated with lips (as in lip balm), so I was wondering how it works. 
Turns out it is a moisturiser that contains urea which helps to speed up skin cell renewal!

Mildy fragrance, rapidly absorbed moisturising cream for general daily skin and hand care

At first when I used it, I was wondering if I used it wrongly because it stayed in this state (see photo below) like forever. I thought 'this is a body wash, surely?'


It eventually got absorbed and it felt like there is a layer of cream on my hand. This wasn't an uncomfortable feeling that I experienced with other forms of moisturisers. Not sticky nor oily. It is just.. like a lip balm I suppose :D After a few minutes this 'balm-y' sensation is gone and you would not notice that it is there even!

I also tried washing my hands after application. Not sure if you guys have that experience where your body felt very slippery after applying moisturiser because you sweat when you are outside? It happened to me with a few brands and I am often conscious about leaving my 'marks' on train seats. I am pleased to note that Esematan Skin Blam wasn't like that. This is a major plus! 


Just to note that the bottle packaging is not that great, not just for aesthetic reasons. 
The balm is slightly liquid so having such a bulky bottle did not help in controlling the amount of product and I tend to overuse. I would advice you to pour the balm out to smaller containers!

This product is available for $20/500ml 


Both products are sold in Guardian, Unity, Watsons, Independent pharmacy (Pink beauty, Beauty essential) and NHG
Here's to a beautiful skin :D 


15 comments:

  1. Great product with great review... I like your little mr box!~

    http://cre8toneprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The products look great, though I am a little unsure about the consistency of the lotion. - Heena
    iCynosure Fashion Blog
    iCynosure on G+
    iCynosure on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for reviewing this interesting product! love how the danbobo pops out in your pictures, so cute!

    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  4. have neevr heard of this brand before ... but the product looks great. if it were a little more thick in consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the sound of the balm! Sounds like it'll suit my skin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't hear of the product here, maybe it is not available in our supermarket here. Looks like a good product to try though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really great since it's recommended by professionals =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect product for me! Love you cute photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, the packaging could do with a small revamp to be more attractive but in the end of the day it is what's inside that counts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look like great products, although I've found recently that I have very sensitive skin. I have to be careful with products like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of this brand but looks effective. is it a new brand?

    do drop by... GreenStory

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting product .. I like stuff thats highly recommended by doctors .. Thanks for the post

    xx
    Misksundwe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how cute the packaging is of the cleanser and the balm is. Quite an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a great brand to try.
    what a lovely post, thank you for sharing with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. dunbo is so cute hehehe....seem like a great product to try!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.