512...1024...2048?!?!

2:48 PM
A mini game that has topped the charts on iTunes/ iStore.

When screenshots of the game first popped up on my Facebook feed, I thought it looked like a lame game. 
Curiosity gotten over me and I decided to download it. Little did I know, it was pretty interesting. 

Essentially you need to move the tiles around to get a final result of 2048. 
So 2+2 = 4, 4+4 = 8... 512+512 =1024 and 1024+1024 = 2048 
Download the game and let the tutorial teach you. 

Here's my initial score
Not too bad yes? 

Slowly... 


I hit 10320 at some point  and had challenged my boss to play the same game. 
He beat my score by 4 points and was feeling really proud of himself.
Though.. I took an hour just to beat his score by a mile *dances*


Then on Saturday.. at 6.01pm I...

won the game woohoo!
 

now this bit was a little funny because the boss sent an email at 6.05pm saying that he has gotten a score of 16948, beating my score of 15148 (nor... that old score lol), I felt a little amused since I literally sent him my new score minutes ago. 

Then..

6.07pm (Boss) : Argh... Before seeing this email, I just emailed you, thinking I'd got the high score >.<
6:09pm (Me): Yes, i was laughing when i saw that email lololololol
6:18pm (Boss): You laughing, me crying *sobs*
6:22pm (Me): I may delete the game now that i have conquered it *smirks* Off for dinner now! 
6:55pm (Boss): Enjoy dinner and the cake, leaving me in suffering *screams*

Then.. 
Later at night, he beat my score and got 28100 $%^$%&


Anyway, the game is really good for crowded subways because you just need to use 1 hand/finger to play it. At some point you will realise that only 2 numbers will come out as new digits, either 2 or 4.
At some point you will also realise that moving the whole tiles in all 4 directions is probably not the smartest way to win the game. So do think about the cascading effects when you move the tiles!

What happens after 2048?
The game doesn't end and you are free to go up to as high as you can get which was why my boss has a higher score than me *sour* 

If your iPhone screen is too small for you, you can play the game online too

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.