Hada Labo 3-in-1 Arbutin Whitening Perfect Gel Review

12:55 AM
Sponsored Advertorial

Some of you would have known that I am actually a huge lover of Hada Labo products. In fact, I have received and reviewed quite a number of the products in the Hada Labo series thanks to Samplestore. You can see my past reviews here. So when I was asked to review another new launch by the company, I was really excited.


This is Hada Labo 3-in-1 Arbutin Whitening Perfect Gel
Why 3 in 1?
because the gel can whiten, moisturise and acts like a sleeping mask.
So this is very ideal for busy people who cannot even spare 20minutes to mask their faces. 
In addition to the famed hyaluronic acid that is found in every Hada Labo products, it also contains arbutin and vitamin C to fight against dull skin. 

What's my take?
On paper, it seems to match all my criteria:

  • Hada Labo product: yes I love it already!
  • Gel-based: my skin really don't like oil-based or cream-based products in general
  • Whitening: of course we need it here in SG!!
But... 
It was not what I expected. 
I contemplated for quite a bit because I really don't want to put a negative review on Hada Labo.
However, seeing that the product was sent via samplestore, a concept store which thrives on honest reviews, I think I am oblige to tell people why the product isn't for me.

First up.
I have normal skin. T zone can be a little oilier than cheek areas, but generally not too oily. 
Because of my skin type, I think the Hada Labo lotion suits me best. 
Despite the product being gel-based, it was rather sticky upon application and it doesn't not really get absorbed quickly. I have tried 2 other sleeping masks before, one being the famous Laneige sleeping pack and another, The Face Shop sleeping raspberry root mask (or something along that lines). I encountered the same issue with Laneige's but not Faceshop's product. 
The stickiness is really annoying because I don't want to dirty my pillow. 

So I also thought that maybe the product needs more time to get absorb, but no it is still a little sticky when I woke up, and I have to wash with a cleanser in the morning so that I don't feel that greasy sensation left from the product. I have also initially thought that I was over using it, so I did reduce the amount I have used, but no, the effect is still the same. There's also no spatula or brush, something which I find it really annoying because it is not hygienic to stick fingers into tubs. As much as I liked that it helped me regain some of my fairness (I went Gold Coast before using the product), this sticky-turn-greasy thing is not for me.

Before you get frightened off by my review, you can actually try and win the product on Hada Labo's Facebook page so you can get to try it for free before purchasing!!
Like Hada Labo facebook page and then click on the Snow Princess game!


Alternatively, you can redeem other Hada Labo samples from Samplestore for free!!



Hada Labo 3-in-1 Arbutin Whitening Perfect Gel is retailing at $38.90 per tub and you can get it at BHG, Guardian, NTUC, OG, Robinsons, Sasa, Unity and Watsons



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.