오랜만이다- 주군의 태양, 비밀 [spoilers ahead]

*warning extremely long post ahead*

It's been a while since I last blogged about Kdramas and I have been watching quite a number. Unfortunately I don't really remember them so well now lol.
Shall blogged about two which are less recent but their ratings in Korea were really high -> this means you must watch lah!!

Also, I found a website where you can watch HD dramas *somebardi SCREAM!!!*

they also have TW HK dramas which appears to be quite recent, so if you intend to turn into a full time couch potato, this is a website you definitely must bookmark!

주군의 태양 - Master's Sun

Can't believe I didn't blog about this show at all. This show was always in the top 3 in terms of ratings in Korea and all my friends were crazy about the show, even those who didn't like kpop.



Am going to attempt to write my own synopsis because I liked this show very much.
Basically So Ji Sub acted as a cold CEO (yes all male leads must be rich) who didn't believe in ghosts and Gong Hyo Jin acted as a someone who can see ghosts and was initially afraid of them. She found out by accident that by touching SJS, the ghosts disappeared and yada yada, they fell in love. The show is pretty much like Ghost Whisperer where GHJ eventually became brave enough to help spirits 'cross over' as well as helping SJS solve his mystery kidnapping case which happened when he was younger (the latter being the main underlying mystery in the plot).

I was initially not too keen about watching the show because the trailer of the show which was shown after I Hear Your Voice (너의 목소리가 들려) scared me to death, especially when I finish IHYV at 3am in the morning, ESPECIALLY during hungry ghosts festival. @#@#%@#% YOU LOOK AT THE IMAGE, IS SCARY PLEASE!!

Anyway, I finally plucked up my courage because a) BF watched the episodes beside me b) we watched it after hungry ghosts festival and c) we watched during the day so I was less afraid lol. 
It turned out to be a pretty awesome show, particularly so since I enjoyed ghost whisperer. 

There were some touching moments when she helped ghosts crossed over such as the 'dog' and 'abandoned children' episodes. There were also funny moments when SJS refused to let GHJ stick next to him and finally admitting that he cannot live without her (drama classic cliche). If you find SJS familiar, you will realise that he was the main star in Phantom/Ghost (유령)  the very serious investigator. In fact, Master's Sun is his first exposure to romantic comedy and he did an excellent job, quickly stealing all the girls' hearts. His interaction with GHJ were so flawless it made the show really nice to watch. Below is one of the scenes I liked best :) 

There was only one downside - due to the extreme popularity of the show, it got extended. This would normally made me very happy except that the plot got a little draggy at the back, adding unimportant details. But overall, it is still a good show to watch. 



the song I liked the most from this show!
 and this too!

비밀- Secret

This is a melodrama, a genre which I try not to watch because normally in melodrama someone will get cancer or some illnesses and die. There's too much agony or hate that sometimes it does have negative influence on the viewer.

Anyway, Secret's plot is rather simple and is a bit like Innocent Man (세상 어디에도 없는 착한 남자). Similar to what Song Joong Ki did in Innocent Man, Hwang Jung Eum also sacrificed herself for her lover (Bae Soo Bin), spending time in jail for him. Common to both dramas, their lovers did not repay in kind.  Unlike Innocent Man though, Hwang Jun Eum did not have any thought of revenging until at the very end, and unlike Innocent Man, HJE's love for BSB ceased faster than Joongki.

Also, Secret introduced another man into the show, Ji Sung, who was not as kind as Moon Chae Won in Innocent Man. Instead, Ji Sung sought revenge on HJE for killing his girlfriend. This eventually turn into love (a bit twisted lol) and some funny scenes also came up because of his love.

Ji Sung -liked him since 'Save the last dance for me'
His wife is the lead in 'I hear your voice', yes that lawyer!! 

Hwang Jun Eum - you may recall her maggie mee hair in Full House Take 2 풀하우스TAKE2  
Seriously you can't find anyone who is so full of optimism despite going through so much. Awesome actress that took pitiful to a new height. 

Lee Da Hee - surely you remembered her? The evil prosector in I Hear Your Voice. 
She acted as a rich woman who is  Ji Sung's best friend, but wanted his love. Aw, unrequited love is always a good fuel for hate and revenge. 

Bae Soo Bin - don't know much about this guy because I did not managed to finish 49 Days. 
This character is rotten to the core (much like how he was in 49 Days). Ok I am too bias lol. 

If you fancy inflicting some agony to yourself, please watch this show lol. 
Like Innocent Man, it is a little slow as the show took time to develop each character, particularly HJE and BSB. It also have a longer time frame (though thankfully shorter than Innocent Man) since jail term was involved. If you are the sort who love to see justice being served, this would be a good show to watch. In fact I was more intrigued by this show than Innocent Man, I think because Ji Sung's character was more proactive than Moon Chae Won's.

If you are still not convinced, listen to the song that was on the loop for 1 week in my MP3!



Or watch this variety show to get to know the cast better!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.