5 Milestones In 2013

5:01 PM
Not sure about other people, but whenever I have to pray for something, I also prayed for the safety, health, joy,happiness and togetherness of my family. They may sound rather similar but really without any one of it, the feeling will be different.
Such simple wishes (don't argue, is my blog okay!) but so so hard to achieve at times. This is why my milestones in 2013 are rather simple as well, since I didn't want 'much' to begin with (some winnings from 4D and Toto will be good though, Singapore Pools).


Went Europe :D


Even though it was a short 5 days, but I am glad we decided to spend money on Europe. I still find it amazing that I have actually been to Italy. I mean things like this wouldn't have been possible if I was born a little earlier since flights would have cost a bomb. It still cost a bomb now, but a much smaller bomb lol.

Also let's not forget that I did went Taiwan (again) as well. Two trips in a year, indeed I felt very blessed since some people didn't even have the chance to step out of Singapore at all. My next trip will be to Gold Coast in 2014 - this was a place I visited when I was little, didn't have much memories except that it rained when I was at Sea World (wtfbbq really) and Movie World was already awesome back then. OH! It was also in GC where we first had milo stick mcflurry.

Losing A Friend (Or So I thought)

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/

Lost a friend at work, but on hindsight it was me being too naive thinking that the same poles of a magnet can actually attract. I forgot that at crucial times, bad sides will also appear to remind me (and really everyone in general) of how someone can be that undeserving of your attention. Ok this doesn't sound like a good milestone, does it?

It is good because I get to know how toxic some people can get and by moving away from such people, I think this has got to be one of the "rightest" choice I made in 2013. By surrounding myself with people whom I like, I have less time to think about how stupid other people can be.  Not to mention I got closer to my existing friends. Bottomline, not everyone is meant to click, if you are ever tired of someone, move away and on, and your world will be a much better place like, immediately.

Pursuing What I Like (And Hope It Likes Me Too)

http://humongous.co.nz/

Tried to self-study a course which I thought was 'essential' in my career but realised I jumped into it because I was partially influenced by my colleagues and also I thought I was somewhat interested in it. Turned out it wasn't for me although I tried to be as disciplined as possible to study regularly. Also didn't see the point of memorising formula for exams because a) I am not a student and b) there is something call Wikipedia and Excel okay so honestly memorising formulae really piss the hell out of me now. I don't care if other people can do it, the fundamental answer to the question WHY? was not answered satisfactorily.

Anyway, I finally found what I liked, went and applied for it. May have screwed up the application but I so wish I can get it in 2014. If not.. I may just jump down the building lol.

Braces Off... Ok SOON To Be

http://www.etsy.com/

This was supposed to be an entry for this year, unfortunately the doctor is away for the holidays so it got pushed to early January. Am pretty excited but also dreading the whole retainers for life part. Will share more when they are officially off :D

Going Back To Prayers

http://mimiandeunice.com/

This has got to be one of the hardest aim ever . You see while I half believe that there's an existence of something supernatural, I also believe that we have to actively fulfil our own wishes. Like example, if you are caught in a rain with no umbrella, it will be quite stupid to say 'I pray for the rain to stop immediately'. Go get your BLOODY UMBRELLA sheesh. Ok before someone tries to preach... let's move on.

So yes, as I was saying this is really hard, I may not have been happy and fulfilled all 365 days because of nonsensical people and events... but I do my best every time so I think I should get an A for my effort. Everyone appears to be working, healthy and generally happy so I guess my prayers and actions work as well :)

What have you done in 2013?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.