Finally.. The Final Post on Taiwan Trip

7:04 PM

Ahem! I am back from Rome!
But before I start blogging about it, I think I should finish blogging about Taiwan.
Here are all the posts tagged to Taiwan, you will have to use the arrow to go to the older entries 

This single entry will touch on Day 3, 4 and 5 together because I didn't take a lot of pictures and the weather weren't fantastic throughout those days. Thanks to my procrastination, I have forgotten quite a fair bit of stuff oops. 

ANYWAY LET'S GET THIS OVER AND DONE WITH!

Day 3: Danshui, Lovers' Bridge. 

We underestimated how late Taiwanese wakes up lol. 
We reached Danshui quite early (maybe 10am?) and majority of the stores weren't open. 
So I settled for this potato and cheese thing which looked delicious but I kinda got sick after a few bites. 


With loads of time to kill, we walked to Fort Santo Domingo (紅毛城), a fort built by the Spanish
I think admission is free.




Finally we travelled by bus to Fisherman's Wharf, because I have never been there before.
The poor boyfriend companied me to wait until sunset (that's a full 2 hours wait) so that I can take the night scene. This was a stupid decision because there wasn't any sun nor were there anything nice to take at night, except the bridge, not to mention it was rather cold.




Day 4
Yangmingshan

There's a straight bus to the mountain from Taipei main station - 260, meanwhile at the mountains you can opt to take their hop on and off shuttle bus if you don't want to engage a cab to take you round - because it is mountainous, the road can be a little bumpy.
I think we were super unlucky, because it was a cloudy day, so everything were nice at the bottom of the mountains, but we weren't able to see anything (but we can smell the sulphur). Le sigh. 
We ended up cutting the day trip short and went over to Taipei 101 instead. 
I never liked TW's departmental stores because they sell expensive stuff which I cannot afford. HAI! Then. It. Started. To. Rain. 
*bawls big time*
                               
Day 5: 
5 Fen Pu + Raohe Night Market
Once again because of the kiasu bf, we reached 5 Fen Pu way. too. early. 
Nearly died of boredom. 
I suggest that you go 5 Fen Pu around 3pm, shop until you die and then proceed to Raohe Night Market. 

frankly I wasn't quite sure why was I in 5 Fen Pu since I never really liked TW/China made clothes. Quality is rather bad, sheer and flimsy. So if you are like me, maybe don't waste your time going there. We ended up chilling at a cafe while waiting for Raohe Night Market to be open. 

can you believe that waffle only cost <SGD6?!!? That would have cost $12 minimum in SG :(
Remember to try their Ba Ku Teh, it's so awesome on a cold cold day :D 

We went back to the hotel and saw this waiting for us!
The staff at Cityinn were awfully nice!! They gave us a thank you card and Starbucks cake :')
and finally it was time to go home ~ 
This brings me to the end of the Taiwan entry lol. 


Btw, if you are looking for something bigger, you may want to try this
booked this place for my parent's latest trip to TW and they liked it. 






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.