Cheating is fun sometimes

So I previously mentioned about wasting my time on Candy Crush, Crazy Taxi and Glowfish.
With an hour train ride to work everyday, you kinda have loads of time to waste. 
It's not like I actually have a seat to sit and learn new things.

Not when this is how our stations look like during peak hours. 
Credit: SDP
So here's two free games that took up at least 2 weeks of my time while commuting. 
Note: the games are fun initially, but read on to find out why I grew bored of them. 


Happy Street
I first saw it on mac (yes there's a mac version) and kinda got hooked by it, so I thought maybe I could transfer my progress from the computer to the phone. 
Turned out that I couldn't so I started from scratch. 

It's your typical build and wait kind of game, like Restaurant Story on facebook (cue: OMG THAT GAME WAS SO EONS AGO!!)
So you get to collect coins, build houses and shops for your residents, you know that kind of thing. 


Credit: godzi lab
I usually lose interest in games like this after a week. Or less, since the characters here looked very very ugly (not the buildings though, the buildings were cute). The only reason why it is still in my phone now is because there's still enough space on my phone lol. 

and also the fact that I have unlimited Flooz
because games like this are free, app developers make more money by having some in-game purchases and give you better stuff when you use Flooz to purchase stuff. 

Am so gonna get flamed for this, but..
No. I don't wish to get bankrupt by a game, and at least I bought the very first Flooz starter pack.
Not going to give you the link to the cheats however (no jailbreak require), you can go and google yourself.

so yes, that's why the game is still in my phone, because if I were to delete it, I will really not going to be bothered by it lol.  
Ok, I am being ungrateful, after all I have a mini addiction to the game when I first got my unlimited Flooz.
If you are the sort of person who are interested in games that let you wait for 8hours to build a building (you can speed up the process with Flooz), Happy Street is the game for you. 
Click here for the iTunes. 
and maybe buy a flooz or two to support Godzi Lab?

Alien Hive

Also available for free on iTunes,
it also means in-game purchases
Truthfully, while I understand that it is the developer's source of revenues, I really don't like to pay for things. 
That's just me being a regular, non-wealthy human. 


This is something like most puzzle games, getting at least 3 similar objects together.
Except that instead of disappearing, they evolve. 
The final objective as the name suggests, is to evolve aliens. 

not all graphics are seen in the game #justsaying

Sounds like a really cute and fun puzzle game, except that I guarantee you, you will want to throw the phone as much as you wanted to for Candy Crush. 
The game was made so difficult that if you do not have any assistance (i.e. in-game purchases) you will not be able to evolve your aliens.

And EVEN if you bought in-game purchases, there is sort of like a limit as to how many times you can use them.
This moment is known as the
MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU EVERYTHING

o.0



But still, I did it. 
And, why did the aliens look so ugly from their infant stage 
*flabbergasted* 


I leave it to your imagination as to how did I evolve all of them =P
the game is never ending as you can evolve each alien more than once.
Less exciting than Candy Crush because there is no customised puzzle area for each level, just that the level of difficulty increases with each level. 

Coupled this with the need for all the assistance, I personally don't think that you will be very happy playing this game for long. 

Moral of story?
Sometimes we have to cheat to get ahead.
Not just in game, but in life too! 



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.