A Little Thing Called Love

I have been lagging in my reviews on Korean dramas but that's because nothing interest me these days
had to cut 3 dramas short: Big, Dr. Jin and Gentlemen's Dignity. Yes yes yes, they all got really fantastic comments from other Kdrama fans, but... I just grew bored.


Gentlemen's Dignity: Personally only the first ten minutes of the show in each episode (which has absolutely nothing to do with the plot) made me laugh. Even my mom also complained it is a slow and boring show. 


Big: I went and see the ending from dramabeans, and I really don't appreciate not seeing their body switch. That was ALL I was waiting for and WHY YOU NO SHOW IT?! However, since I spoil the show thanks to dramabeans, I was quick stunned with the twist. Amazed too. So watch it for the twist if you like. Oh, Lee Min Jung kept acting like a mother, taking care of the man. First in Midas and now this. 


Time Slip Dr. Jin: every episode there seemed to be someone dying, some urgent surgeries to do and Park Min Young crying. Was actually capable of finishing the show, until.. I went and spoil it at dramabeans again lol. They went into a war with the French or something, that's when I gave up. No way am I going to endure war scenes for this show. The twist at the back is nice though. 

So without Korean shows, I busied myself with movies. 
Chick flicks are like the best thing for females. 
For me! Because they are so brainless and so predictable. I hate shows with too much suspense, that's why I spoil them lol. 

Following ATM from Thailand, I decided to try another Thai show. 
In fact, this was screened before ATM, equally (if not more) funny and heartwarming. 

A Little Thing Called Love
สิ่งเล็กเล็ก ที่เรียกว่า...รัก, Sing lek lek thi riak wa... rak, lit (I don't know how to read Thai, I took it from Wikipedia :P). 
To cut the story short, it is about a girl who liked her senior in school, tried all sorts of ways to get him to notice her but didn't get to be with him during the school days because some shit happened and EVEN THOUGH he too had feelings for her and in the end... watch it yourself. 


I asked my boyfriend if he ever done anything out of ordinary towards a crush/eye candy in school, he said no. *facepalm*
BUT 
I am sure most of you can related to this show. 
Being the ugly duckling in school, went through some transformations after that, to become prettier/ more handsome... 

credit to: foryouinfullblossom.wordpress.com
Lead actress's transformation.
I swear I look like the girl in specs when I was in secondary school gahhhhh.

Purposely walking past the person you like just to see him/her a few more times...
Feeling extremely happy because he/her talked to you. Even if it is about something as simple as "do we have any homework due today?"...

SQUEALED and raved to your friends after that..."eeeeeee! he talked to me just now. omg why he so cute!!!" *jumps up and down*
Picking up anything and keeping them because they belong to the person... (not sure if you should keep the tissue paper full of snot though hmm..)
Calling the person to hear his/her voice...


It's a bit like chasing your celebrites too yes? Lololol. 

This is a must watch show, not just because it won so many awards and opened the world up to Thai movies but because it is in everyone of us (except my boyfriend before he met me lololol). It captured the essence of puppy love so precisely that you will be stunned to see that it came out from Thailand. Not trying to insult the Thai movie industry but you would have expect Hollywood, the main producer of chick flick to capture the feeling this accurately but.. nope I haven't see one that made me went aww, hahaha, oh shit I did that too, thisissotouching all at the same time. 

The plot was also very complete. It didn't miss out anything for the sake of being more commercial. It told tales of successes and failures people faced in their pursuit of love. Not forgetting the school life too, considering that the love came from a school setting. 


Do you remember how you felt when you fell in love?

For those interested, 
this is available on PPS (with Chinese sub)
and here at Viki, if you want the english sub



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.