Wake Your Fats Up

10:15 PM

credit to http://righttruth.typepad.com/

I just have to put aside my work and blog about this.
So today I had a bad experience - being surrounded by fat people on the train, being squashed. Literally.

By fat I mean people who are classified fat based on World Health Organisation standards and not the public's perception of anything bigger than a Size 0.

I put up a potentially controversial statement on my facebook.

I swear that the only reason women become fat is just so they can pretend to be pregnant and take the seats on trains.
and I got some comments saying that "I am mean" , "no one wants to be fat" and "I will screenshot your comment and show you when you get fat". On hindsight, maybe I should add the phrase 'some women become fat...'

What I am trying to say is there is no purpose whatsoever in getting fat but yet why people still do it and THEN get insulted? Of course that status was sarcastic in nature, but I often get confused between a fat person and a pregnant woman.

Anyway, I guess I am asking for it?

Indeed I was.
I believe I was also an easy target. With a BMI of <18 plus typing out the word fat. Yes, I was asking for it.

Let me clarify that I don't dislike ALL fat people.
I dislike a particular class of fat people.

The Lazy Type.

No one wants to be fat.
but ironically everyone wants to eat McD, KFC, Burger King and all the oily stuff in the world but not exercise.

No one likes to be called fat.
Fat is a definition. It is a fact.
Fat: Adjective (of a person or animal) Having a large amount of excess flesh.
tell me the above picture doesn't show excessiveness?
people get insulted because they assume a tone to the word. They attached negative connotations to the word 'fat' and then blamed the person who said it for insulting them. What logic is this?

And deep down, (perhaps for some, very deep down) they know that being fat is undesirable.
This is again is ironic. If you know it is undesirable why do you still choose to be fat?

I am genetically fat
Convenient excuse. Google and you will realise that there are only this many people (i.e. not a lot) of people who have the 'fat genes'. Just like not all anorexic kid is born that way. Besides studies have also showed that it is possible to slim down even if you have the fat gene.

Why don't you just admit it?
That you are lazy.

You know if you are lazy and accept that you are lazy, you wouldn't feel insulted. Because clearly, you have thinks things through. "Yes I am fat, and that's because I am lazy, because I don't want to slim down, I have no one to blame but myself."

But these people who have so so so much to say... left me speechless.
Ok you are fat
you are lazy
you don't want to exercise
and yet
and YET you feel angry because people call you fat.
are you or are you not asking for it?

If this is particularly sensitive topic to you, let me put it in another way.
LIFE ISN'T FAIR. 
some people are born fat, and some lucky ones like me, slim.

some people are born into a poor family and some lucky ones are born into a rich family.
If you are poor, you refused to find a job, you refused to study and just sleep your whole day away
and THEN you complain that everything is the government's fault for not providing enough welfare package to you and you get jealous at people who actually earn their living...

Are you or are you not asking for it?

I admire...
people who work hard.
of all skins, all races and all sizes.

These are people who overcome their weakness (or perceived weakness).
If you exercise everyday and manage to only slim down 1kg,
I admire you.

Because you put in the effort. Because I know how much you have to sweat to achieve that -1kg.

If you are poor and can only afford a $5/hr job because you are uneducated.
I admire you. Because it beats waiting around for $ from the government, MONEY from your fellow citizens who worked hard and got taxed because of you.

I guess the final point I want to make is, before you feel insulted because someone describes you factually, think about if you have actually  make any effort to change.
Stop finding excuses.
Stop talking.
Start doing.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.