Full House Take 2 풀하우스TAKE2 (spoilers ahead)

Ok you guessed it, I watched Full House Take 2 because of No Min Woo 노미우



You don't know who ?!?!
Nor... this one

The rich cancer patient from Midas 마이더스 ?

and the fox-buster lol from My Girlfriend Is A Nine-Tailed Fox 내 여자친구는 구미호 ?


This guy is under-appreciated IMO, nice acting + nice voice (he was a member of TRAX under SM Entertainment, WHAT YOU DOING SM? Why you hide a treasure like this?!) 
Anyway, because Min Woo was the main lead (finally!!!) in the show, so I decided to watch it. 

Except...
OMG WHAT'S WITH THIS MAGGIE MEE HAIRSTYLE?

Even the lead actress, Hwang Jung Eun 황정음 also look like sai. Ok look like auntie.

I almost wanted to give up on the show (like some of my friends did) but perserved on because each episode was only half hour :D and the show did progress properly (leads having newer, nicer hairstyles) and so I watched. 

This show is not to be mistaken as a sequel to Full House, nor the one starring Rain. 
Ok, I am going to randomly insert screengrabs because it is going to be quite wordy from hereon. 

Taken from Wikipedia, 

A hapkido teacher named Jang Man-ok (Man-ok means "full house" in Hanja) poses as a stylist for top idol group TAKE ONE and moves into the band's luxurious house, which superstar musician Lee Tae-ik (No Min-woo) inherited from his father. A love triangle emerges as Lee vies against fellow band member Won Kang-hwi (Park Ki-woong) for Jang’s affection.

Of course it is not so simple, since it is the entertainment circle afterall.
Min woo didn't have the right to his house because his father went bankrupt, his mom went dingdong and he was basically a slave in luxurious wear. 


The other male, Won Kang Hwi was also from a rich (step) family, who eventually turned blind (and somehow got well again after a cornea transplant). The show showed the evil parts of the entertainment world, with the bosses trying to cash in on popular popstars with no qualms about their health. 

There were also classic sasaeng fans scenes, stalking idols and protesting in front of the agency, pretty much a true reflection of the current South Korean entertainment sector. Whenever there's conflicts (in the show) between the band and the agency, I immediately thought about TVXQ. As it is, I believe the members/ex-members of TVXQ still have the highest number of sasaeng fans. 

Production cost must be a wee bit expensive, because they actually took the idols to China and Japan! 
I personally don't like all the Chinese scenes because of the poor command of English/ Chinese plus the tiong accent from other people. Noooooo why can't you just go Japan?!

(ok I am too bias, I should put Kang Hwi's photo too)

This show is perfect for werking adults like me, who can only spare that fewwww minutes during lunch to watch. I say first hor, I watch during lunch time okay! I only watch half hour when I have an hour break hor! 

Anyways, this show ultimately became a classic love triangle story, so yes you can be sure of a happy ending (or sad if you prefer Kang Hwi). It wouldn't be a show I will rewatch again, but since I am such a bimbo, I actually prefer lighthearted shows like this, so it wasn't a complete waste of time :) 



I just have issues with how Kang Hwi's eyes got fully healed in the end. 
The most omg moment was Min woo asking if he was going back to China for surgery. 
I was like o.0?
South Korea is the medical tourism destination and yet the show told people to go out of Korea for surgery. 
And even then, 
CHINA?!

Oh right, Kang Hwi is rich, he also probably buy the cornea off someone, like how the China kid sold his kidney for iPad. 

Ok just that part I have issues with. Simply don't make sense lol. 
Otherwise, please go to Viki K-drama on youtube to enjoy the show
nice quality + eng sub = perfect! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.