[review] Miam Miam

1:09 AM
Finally decided to step into this restaurant after months and months of hesitation. Miam Miam was never the top of my food list at Westgate because there are other awesome food outlets like the Ryoshisushi Ikeikemaru, Yoogane and even the Isetan supermarket also sell decent quality food. 

Basically Miam Miam's concept is French cuisine+Japanese culinary.
Sounds very artsy and act pro but I can sum it up for you in one word : soufflé
Unlike Poulet or Savuer, it did no provide a wide range of French cuisine, I would go as far as to say that the French part is probably 20% and the Japanese part takes up about 80%.
So if you are looking for authentic French stuff, please go else where.

BUT. This is not to say that you should wipe Miam Miam off your list! 

We had
1) soufflé de nuage
Which has ham, mushrooms, rice, eggs and cheese (of course)

JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW!!
(Rant: Why is it that my camera is never around when there blog-worthy food to review?!)
At first I thought the layer is hard and I might have a hard time eating (what was I thinking really, it already said soufflé ) obviously I thought wrong and it turned out to be soft and foamy on the inside!! I never ate foamy eggs before so this came as a wonderful surprise. Sorry, the photos are not that great, I will bring my camera the next time round. My only tiny problem with the dish is that (aside from the fact that I want to eat more than one plate) the rice is slightly tasteless if eaten on its own, but this is easily solve by eating it with the foamy egg.


2) Miam Miam spaghetti 
which has frankfurters, tomatoes, veggie, bacon in some sekret broth 

I have to say if I ate this without the one above I probably wouldn't have blog about this place. It is nice to eat yea, but not particularly memorable unlike the soufflé above. What is good is that because the soufflé above is rich in cheese and egg so some people might get sick of it after a while and this serves as an excellent complement since it is light in nature. BF said that I have devoured 70% of the soufflé and 50% of his pasta HAHAHA.
So would I go back Miam Miam again? OF COURSE! 
You can go to http://Miam.sg/menu or the menu (incomplete) 

14 comments:

  1. Good to know that you enjoyed the food and place was good.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh miam miam in malaysia already change name to franco lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've tried miam mian twice. i quite like the spaghetti though. their mac & cheese (though very small portion at quite expensive price tag) is not bad too. you should try their souffle pancake! really soft and fluffy! and the matcha latte (i can't rmb the actual name) too, if you're a fan of green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this soufflé de nuage looks perfect! I bet it was delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. There used to be Miam Miam in Malaysia but now is Franco, and I heard the food was only so-so and overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to try their dessert and toast! It is pretty famous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "What is good is that because the soufflé above is rich in cheese and egg..." omggggggg I got even more curious and hungry akjfdhslks wish there's a branch here in our place.

    www.laagankaayo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, looks so yummy. I'd love to try the soufflé de nuage

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those food that you pick for review.
    because i love cheese, please sparkling more cheese on top :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food looks sooo yummy!! I'm hungry right now, anyway this sure seems like a great place for some great food

    - GIG Love - Chaithra - Style.. A Pastiche

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww they look delicious specially that pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried French food or did I? But I wish we have this here too so at least I could try.

    www.goddessindisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the name of the soufflé, which means soufflé of clouds. It looks amazing, I can see why you ate 70% of it. Food post always make me so hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yumm! They look so delicious 😍😍😍 specially that spaghetti

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.