Essential V2.0

Advertorial

All of us have heard and/or tried Essential Hair Care series before, you know the brand that talked about how important the last 15cm of our hair is?

This was how they looked like. When they were first launched, I was super excited largely because of the unique marketing concept and not to mention the lasting fragrance from their shampoos and conditioners. However, they proved to be a little too moisturising for my hair, and I wasn't able to use them all the time. 


Then recently I went into Watson and I saw these. I was like, "eh? Someone copied Essential brand?!" It was when I received an email telling me to try out Essential V2.0 that I realised that Essential has repacked itself. 

As you can see there are four colours in total and each colours are suited for different types of hair. Just like some people who have combination skin, there are also people with combination hair like having oily scalp and dry ends. This is very common especially in people with chemically-treated hair. 

To know which Essential products suit you. Look at this simple matrix: 



The blue range (deep cleansing range) is suited for people with very oily roots (lightest formula) followed by
Light yellow range is the Light Finish Volumising range 
and the remaining two which we are all very familiar with
pink: fizz free
orange: uses the richest formula for breakage defence

I was given the blue and orange range to try because I feel that my scalp can be a little oily and my ends are definitely dry. At first I was pretty skeptical about the new range because a lot of brands have launched many different products but none of them have really worked for me. 
The blue range was indeed light, and had a mild fragrance unlike the previous pink and orange range. It can get a little drying for me because like I mentioned I had slight oily scalp, not really very oily. So I was a little worried that after my shower my hair will feel really dry. I used the blue range conditioner with it and hoped for the best lol.

Then. 
I.
Was.
Amazed. 

I used the range for about three days straight and I could feel that my scalp isn't as oily as before and my hair feels softer and smoother than before. This has never happened to me before when I was using other drugstore brands. :') I was so happy. 

Apparently the new Essential range has Microfine All Smooth Essence and that helps to repair deliver nutrients to damaged hair surface from the root to tip. So these days I liked touching my hair a lot now, now if only there's a magic shampoo that can auto straighten or curl my hair lol. After my hair got accustomed to the blue range, I also used the treatment (tube) and hair mask. Because the orange range is still a little too moisturising for me, I tend to use the treatment tube once every three days and the hair mask once a week to maintain the smoothness and softness of my hair! 


 The Essential care range is available in 200ml ($4.50) and 750ml ($11.50), so if you are still not sure which series to try, you can get the smaller 200ml version and see if they suit you. Alternatively you can always try the free samples from Essential simply by liking the Essential Facebook page and sign up for the free sample :)





2 comments:

  1. I think that the original packaging is prettier~ :3
    But I love how they are catering to different hair concerns this time! C:

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the older design looks better.
      HI PAIGE :D

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.