I Want To Escape!!

1:24 AM

Saw the Groupon online and decided to go and play with bf!


It's one of the cheapest game room 
$9 per pax (with the groupon)
so for people on budget, this is a good way to spend your December holidays

Anyway before I lost you, by game room I don't mean LAN shop gaming  lol.
Basically you are locked in a room and you will have to gather clues and solve puzzles in order to get the key to unlock yourself out of the room within 50minutes. The concept of such rooms originated overseas (am not sure where). The reason why I know this is because... I wanted to do it in the UK (except we went to Italy instead...)

Anyway! So
50minutes
1 game
multiple clues
multiple puzzles 

For exitplan.sg, there were 3 rooms, we picked (ok, fine I picked) the most difficult room not because we are super smart and observant, but there is apparently 0 fear factor (and yes it was not scary at all), so I thought I could think better (and in peace). 
Was also joking to the bf that since he's PhD-in-training, he must help us escape because for WHAT you have a Dr. attached to your name and you cannot help me escape a room?!?! 

Unfortunately we didn't, but he's still my boyfriend =P
there's simply too many things to look out for lah! 



Personally I enjoyed the game a lot even though we didn't manage to solve it.
I think games like these do let us learn more about ourselves and others. Some people can get extremely irritated when they are under pressure so if this is part of your corporate event, you may need to think twice about pushing your employee too hard lol (maybe fire the person :P). Or if you see your employee solving the puzzle in a surprising manner, maybe you can make use of that innovative mind in strategy-related work. If you are playing this with your friends, it will be really interesting to see if you guys can work as a team! This is important ok! Especially if you are studying in the same class as your friends, then you will know who to pick for your project work :P


I think because it was our first experience with the game room, the facilitator was exceedingly nice (or she's generally nice :D).
Within each game we are able to ask for help twice btw, so the facilitator came in to guide us. Thoroughly enjoyed the game thanks to the facilitator that we had because she was so enthusiastic and encouraging. 

We will be back!!  

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.