Fight The Summer: Part II

Actually this is not very related, but since I already went to the place, I could probably squeeze in some excuses to make this look related =P

So! 
While we are on the topic of our stupid hot weather, I think the best place is to stay at home on a hot day since even a short walk to the train station can make me swear sweat. But since we can't stay at home all day (I wish :( ), so here's one place where there's aircon and makes you feel like paradise (i think). 


finally visited the place!
The initial crowd was crazy. I don't understand why people must have the 'first' dips everytime, sharing a view of the tank with 30 other people very fun? Or getting pushed by screaming kids makes your money worth it?


Even though it was after months since the place opened, the crowd was still a little unbearable for me. 
Screaming, pushing kids, parents not even actively taking charge of them..
没家教 really. 
If there were my kids, I would actually give them a few tight slaps.  
no wait, I would be quite embarrassed since they are my kids. 


Letting the pictures do the talking 






this is the controversial dolphin tank. 
it looks NOTHING like the other tanks 
nor does it even look like a condo swimming pool 
Possibly one of the worst tank I have ever since in any aquariums. 
Poor dolphins :( 

can you see the dolphin?




do you know that octopus can change colour?
and that it has 3 hearts?

did the octopus drool? lolol! 


Here's a pic spam of the jellyfish photos
Even though I am a wee bit (ok very) scared of jellyfish, but they are swimming in a tank!
Looks like they have a carefree life, floating lazily.







this jellyfish lies on its back erm, or head? anyways their body (?) attracts algae 
and somehow they don't have to eat. LOL THIS IS SO NOT HELPFUL. 

Made in Japan jellyfish
actually I don't know made in where, but this is the Japanese jellyfish


this is the Indonesian one


The super duper big fish tank. Incomplete picture because it was really super huge
Loads of people sitting there too, not forgetting to litter the place
considerate people we have here. 





Boxfish





how thick the glass is




Paddlepop fish lol


Lionfish




Shipwreck

We also went to the Ocean Restaurant (inside the aquarium) for dinner!
My very 1st fine dining experience @.@



The 5 course meal cost like $158+ per pax and I am not so rich, we we just got
appetiser ($22) as above. This was quite awesome but a bit too little.
Hai! Fine dining jiu shi zhe yang. 

A bit mean hor? Eat seafood while watching the marine life. 
Then again, we didn't eat what was in the tank lol.

yuck! Veggies
Dear's hokkaido scallop ($42 i think)

My Boston lobster with mac & cheese ($52)
the cheese is quite light so you wouldn't get sick of eat it. 
but the lobster was a little bit too tough. 
*imagines if this is crab meat NOMZ*

Possibly the best main course you can order because this is actually quite filling. 

Also $6 for a glass of apple juice. 


I gave up trying to get non blue/green picture of the huge tank. It is like virtually impossible.



byebye!

after eating we went back into the aquarium again. 
Note: if your dinner ends after 7pm which was when the aquarium closes you will have to get out by some other means which I don't know lol. 



More jellyfish spams because they are so easy to take :D 








the best time to visit the aquarium is when it is closing because there's no people blocking your view of the tanks!!
Quiet and peaceful too. 

very few humans!! I LIKE :D 




You will need about 2 hours to finish walking and taking photos throughout the aquarium, not to mention waiting patiently for inconsiderate people to move their butts away from the tank.

It's unlikely that I will visit the place anytime soon mainly because they can't change the tank and put new stuff in each season. This is unlike Gardens By The Bay where they decorate the place according to seasons or flowering season? I think they had the CNY decor and Easter and now it's tulips. 

Ocean Restaurant was however not worth the money to go. The food is nicer than normal sure, but it is not fine dining standards IMO. If you want seafood, ok crab, Melben is better lolol ANYTIME!






Because Marshmallow want some 'airtime' on my blog too lol. 

Hi!!

No wait. I don't want to listen. 
Why you no bring me go see fish! 

Please bring me go next time?


  Price of tickets
Adult: $29
Children/Senior: $20
non-peak tickets include entry to the typhoon theatre.  Not very fantastic. If you want the real deal, go the one in USS instead. The effects are much nicer. 
For more information
visit SEA website

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.