My First Dyeing Experience!

Advertorial
Sometimes I wonder should I even put the word up there since I was technically not paid (in cash) for these sort of reviews. Then again, people argued that the free product is a payment in itself...

ok nevermind, let's leave that for another day. 

So, having known some bloggers (super mega famous SG bloggers) makes me feel very tiny  envious because they all have hair sponsors. Free cuts, style, treatment, dye. How nice! Of course they worked hard for that too!

I didn't have these sponsors because I am not famous enough (remember, this blog wasn't started for me to be famous) and that hair related treatments etc are EXPENSIVE, I don't bear to spend the kind of money on myself. 

I am the kind who cuts hair once a year (or two o.0) because $40 for a haircut is ridiculously expensive (that's like 1 week of lunch) to me. So I got smart, I did rebond/perm so people can't see how messy my hair is. And now, I don't even have $ for perm/rebond thanks to my trip, so I have decided to go for the just-wake-up look. Confidence is all you need! lololol.


I digress. I also wanted to dye my hair because all the bloggers do! And they do all the rainbow dyeing or two-tone dyeing too! Actually, I used to be very averse to hair dyeing because I have this impression that only ah lians dye their hair. This perception stayed with me even until university (although I was always very curious about it). 

Now, with a mixture of curiosity + hole in pocket, I have been surfing deals sites for cheap colouring deals. Then I got apprehensive, I scared that the salon will hard sell, or worse, damage my scalp. 
Then... Liese decided to help me decide once and for all.
Thank you Liese and EK Media :)

I actually used Liese Bubble Hair Color on my bf before, but the effect could only be shown a few days later. So I was initially worried if the same thing would happened to me. 

so they sent me the Jewel pink color. I was like zomg pink?! But yea, since my hair color is so dark, it wouldn't turn pink even if I wish for it. 




here's how my hair looked. Dark brown.


normal

ok close up. YOU SEE MY HAIR HOW DRY! sigh. 

with flash



here goes nothing!

in my operating gown lol.
Didn't want to stain my clothes, so put newspaper and plastic just in case. 


Tired, smiling bf resting. Supposedly, the whole point of a bubble dyeing is so you can do it yourself, but with my long hair I don't think I can do it properly since I can't see. Bf had been an amazing hair erm, dye-ist lolol constantly massaging my hair to ensure that it stayed tangled free so the effect would be there later :')

and...













TADA!

GOT SEE THE COLOR DIFFERENCE?!


normal

with flash


true to its color guide too!

This was a pretty enjoyable first hair dyeing experience :D
Best thing, no irritating + the scalp isn't red/pink too!
Thank you Liese and my bf *dance dance*

ok show you the photo one more time just in case you are pa jiao.

Yes I am aware I have the same mouth shape :P















No comments:

Powered by Blogger.