Food And More Food

Being in Singapore is boring if you are not a tourist or a rich person. 
Places are always crowded with people, and shopping centres are all alike in many ways be it in the N,S,E or W and Central.

Fridays are a pain in a sense that we have to think of places to go, things to do and food to eat. 

Ok 'nuff about grumbling.
We wanted to go Clark Quay for either ramen, Seoul Yummy (oh Suntec when will you be ready?) or Mad for Garlic. But I had to buy some stuff for the brother's birthday sooo. 

We hit Spageddies @ Orchard Central.
I have no idea how this place was founded, like whether is it open by a Singaporean etc etc.
I just eat lol. 

It is slightly more expensive than normal restaurants/cafe (think Dome, Manhattan Fish Market and Swensens) maybe around TCC pricing.
But the food was really great. Beats Pastamania by miles.
I am not sure why the shop doesn't look crowded, but it was always near full whenever I visit on Fridays. 
It is quite spacious and quiet, perfect hideout from the crowds at 313 and just Orchard in general. 

All photos in this entry are from the iPhone, unless someone can get me a Casio ZR1000.


Boyfriend ordered Chicken Scallopini ($17+ i think)
It tasted nicer than what it looked from the picture lah. I took from the wrong angle lol. 
The chicken was nicely marinated, even when it was dipped into my dish, the taste of the chicken wasn't lost so that's a real plus. 

However it was a little too oily and too creamy. Definitely not for a person who cannot handle a plate of the good o' carbonara. 

MINE LOOKED SO YUMMY RIGHT! ($19+)
Spaghetti Vongole is one of their best seller, so obviously it should taste nice.
I don't know how to describe but the taste of the vongole is not like other regular vongole. It didn't have the aglio oilo taste too (not that it was advertised as one anyway). You just have to eat it to know what I mean, I really cannot describe this. Oh right, not as oily as the boyfriend's one too! 

The menu is on their facebook page, though why they blanked out the prices is beyond my comprehension. 

Went to shop a little at Robinson because I have $80 voucher to spend. Still undecided as to what to get. The only two brands I know are French Connection and Lipsy UK so I am inclined to buy things from there, besides their quality are so @.@ omg good. 

I don't look chio so ok, small picture enough already :P
Tried on this dress that cost SGD179 *pukes* from FCUK
Yilin said I looked like zebra crossing LOL. But the fit and quality... awesome! I felt like I am like 5 years older though, too formal for me lol. 

I thought these were hibiscus lol, bf said they are mudan (tree peony)
CNY decorations!

Oh right sooo the bf and I had a bet over a general knowledge question.
Qns: Where is Santorini?

Bf (with absolute conviction): Just look at the name, it is from Italy
Me (got confused a bit): No it is Greece. Confirm Greece. 
Bf: Ok let's bet, if lose treat kopi.
*goes Google*
I am sure his world crashed in that moment. 
so I got my treat (which he hasn't paid up yet) wtf?

Went for this Mintplosion at TCC since it was like 20cents more than my usual drink.
The waitress seems very interested to sell the drink because of the POPPING CANDY on top. Okay, I order ok. 

Not very fantastic actually, the mint and that type of chocolate don't mix. 
Maybe it would better if it is dark chocolate. 
I don't even know what type of chocolate they used. It's just not good.

The POPPING CANDY was fun though.
Though to be honest this is actually a very cheap drink.
That pack of candy probably cost like $0.50 and the chocolate maybe $1 and the minty thingy.. ok $2 ba.

What I was irked about was the cleanliness of the place. 
We happened to be at the Peranakan Place and the cushions were homfg horror. 


I don't know why got things that looked like Mamee noodles inside?

Just. Look. At. The. Seats.

Right, their Centrepoint branch was like crap too.
They took about 1.5hours to serve me food the other time. 
The Clarke Quay branch too, they have like no interest in serving customers. The other time, they showed us to our seats and... no menus and they pretended that we were invisible. 

So I would recommend their branches in Bugis Junction, Central, MBS, Raffles Exchange and Millennia Walk


other random things... 
LOL. Simin saw this at some random pavilion. 


Squashing Marshmallow!

I cannot see Malaysia
Awesome weather = snuggling in bed and


trying to take nice photo of the periwinkle after rain :)

I wish it can stay this cooling for the rest of the year!! 



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.