The Olympics Spirit

I have taken a little bit more interest in Olympics 2012 (of course, I mean just look at the organising country and its creativity during the opening, unlike a certain other that was desperately trying to lower its pollution level so that athletes wouldn't die, no I am not going to say that's in year 2008. Oh shit I just did it).

I mean would you look at that?
Mr Bean and his dreams


James Bond and the Queen
fake queen hor. 


the awesome fireworks



How to win?

anyway I digress.
Because I paid a little more interest, I saw some admirable sportsmanship and some ugly people and other possibly scandalous players.

Let's talk ugly people 1st.
In Women's badminton where 4 teams: China, 2X South Korean and Indonesia were disqualified
am disgraced that I am actually the same race as them, but thank god not the same country. 
pui.
This is Olympics, never mind how much the audience paid to watch, but in the greed for a medal, this is how you show the Olympics spirit?
My god, I think all athletes should undergo some sort of test to ascertain if they know the meaning of Olympics spirit before letting them compete. 

WAKE UP IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MEDAL.
So what if you win when you win like a loser?
In my personal opinion, it's lame trying to rank the countries in terms of the medals they have.
I mean for what?
People aren't going to remember anyway, ok so people remember China is no.1 and US is no.2 
for what?
Bloody solve your economic problems before showing off how many athletes you have.
It's disgusting how Olympics have been used to let country show off their talents (or imported talents). 


THESE: friendship, solidarity and FAIR PLAY is what Olympics is about. 

Anger aside, moving on to admirable sportmen
I never watch everything for obvious reason (time difference), I caught a few matches though

Had to mention SG one first *beams*
Feng Tian Wei

She lost to Ding Ning (China) and won the bronze medal.
Playing against World no.1 was hard work, but we can clearly see her effort, I mean she has 80% chance of getting the bronze and just do what those disgraced badminton people did, but she didn't!!

Now, there are talks about how we shouldn't feel proud of this imported talent. 
I don't really care, because what I really admired was her sportmanship.
Whether SG got this bronze or not is not mine to boast, just like I feel contented and fortunate to be living in this country, but I wouldn't be boasting to others that I have a hand in making the country what it is today (not even a finger lol). 

It's also ironic to me how people started to talk about our Silver medalist Tan Howe Liang after FTW won, proclaiming that they are proud of him because he is a true born SGean. 
Ok so? 
Were you even born when he got his medal?
I bet you anything most of these people only bothered to wiki him up after his name was mentioned in facebook or some other comments. 

If you don't want to appreciate her effort as a citizen, at least respect her for her skills. 

Datuk Lee Chong Wei
Fought against World no. 1 Lin Dan and fought hard as well.
Look at him! How hard he tried to save each points. 
Ok Lin Dan too (but I thought he was a little too arrogant post-competition, okay maybe people happy lah).
He was trending Twitter, you see! So many people admire him too. 

Roger Federer
This world no. 1 fought the longest ever tennis match in Olympics history
but lost the gold medal to Andy Murray after that.

4 hours 26 minutes of tennis.
You know how these tennis player hit those balls?
is like about 200km/h
the strength they need to hit each ball.
Try hitting that for 4hours.
My hand confirm break. 
Later still have to compete for Gold?
ok had he won gold he would have been legend (again)

What matters was he didn't give up.
Ok Federer is my new found shuai ge, so I am going to spam his pictures (credited to london2012.com)


see the concentration bo?
so style! 
Oh his hair too, like forever never messy ^.^

I say let us celebrate the Olympics for what it truly is and stop with all the politicising (and don't let those politicians tell you otherwise).
I hope you saw some admirable qualities (as I did) during the Olympics as it shows just how far man can go in trying to excel, beating not only his opponents, but also himself.  

*pictures credited to the respective websites*

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.