All about ramen! Ok not all...

Just a couple of food reviews to bring me out of this lack of update. Been too busy, too lazy homg!

Pardon the poor pictures (so poor until I don't even want to put credits lol).

Celebrated E's birthday at Mad For Garlic.

This was the only picture I took because my dish looked and tasted like shit. 
Please DO NOT order Vongole. Felt damn cheated, looks like some Chinese soup noodles instead of spaghetti. 

But this 'Garlic Fondue' is really nice!!
Actually I have been avoiding MFG because I had this perception that the garlic taste/smell will be really strong. 
This fondue thingy changed my mind. 
Even the bread was delicious. I could drink the whole 'fondue' like soup too!

Rating: 4/5 for the fondue thingy and the food my other friends ordered.
It's a little bit on the high side for someone like me (damn stingy about money)
Location wise, it is located in the clubbing/pubbing areas which I don't really like. So, I am hoping that the Suntec one will reopen quickly. 

0/5 for the Vongole. Absolute disaster. Admittedly there were a lot of ingredients besides the clam (squid and prawns, loads of them) but I hated the dish so much that I ended up not eating these seafood.

Singapore Block 3B, Rivervalley Rd #01-16 
The Foundry Singapore 179021 
 Tel: (65) 6333 1507 
Opening Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
They accept reservation :D

Er now got Groupon deal also!
don't say I never say hor :D 

We decided to head to TCC afterwards to chill + play games. 
I ended up telling all of them to go to Coffee Club instead.
Staff at TCC didn't seem interested to serve us.
No one pointed us to a table
No one bothered to pass us menus even after we have requested more than 5 times.

TSK.
Not going back to that branch anymore. 


We played Pandemic which was like a cooperative game. 
I am obviously very interested in this game since it is all so bio/medical
Cost like SGD60 in some game shop here (CRAZY!!)
but only about USD30 on Amazon. 

Or RMB30 on taobao.
You get the point lol. 


Went back to Central again! with bf for some ramen love. 
I wrote a pretty nice rating for Marutama previously and heard how Ramen Santouka was supposed to be better.

Apparently people like this ramen with pork cheek (yes collagen and all).
The pork cheek was chewy and was nice to eat
but I wasn't able to overlook its appearance.
I tried to psycho myself that it really has high collagen content, but all I can think of is oil oil oil
Note: Collagen is protein, not oil.

But... it feels like oil *facepalm*

So I ate this instead. Normal pork in shoyu ramen.
The bf had the pork cheek + miso ramen.
Personally, I prefer shoyu ramen as it is lighter in taste.
I got a feeling that I will be really sick of the food if it was miso base.
The taste was very rich (excellent for the first few bites), but the rich base + the oil from the soup (pork-based) = very challenging for me to finish eating lol. 

There must be something special with the bowl or with the soup or the noodle (not helping :P). 
The food didn't get cold quickly so every bite was warm and delicious. 
Serving was big for me too, took me forever to finish.

Ratings 3.5/5
I still prefer Marutama because it uses chicken-based (or so I heard), the soup appears to be less oily than Santouka (or maybe that's because the place is dimmer) 
and more importantly, it serves the egg in the ramen.


I told the waitress I want my egg in the ramen, but no it came individually
it
came
cold

T.T 

Tried to heat it up with the soup but it was too late...
sigh. 

Anyway, here's the place!


6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #02-76 The Central
 Singapore
Tel: +65 6224 0668

The last ramen place I tried recently was near my workplace!
Initially I thought I found a treasure because it was rated quite highly on hungrygowhere.com (even higher than the other 2!! HOW CAN!)
Proved to be a horrible mistake because the soup was not as rich as Maru and Santo
the pork was tougher than the other two, noodles were less chewy.
Maybe it was because we ordered takeaway, but no no no never going back again!

Overall rating: 2/5
and the place is...

Men-tei Ramen
61, Robinson Road, Robinson Center, #01-01, 
Singapore 068893

They offer delivery services too. 
no picture because I was too disappointed with the food to even take picture :P


Lastly lastly, I have open up my blog for comments. It was previously set to registered users only (no idea why) #justsaying

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.