Need Inspirations In Life? Here are 3 Sources

3:45 PM

There has been this general consensus that Singaporeans do not know fashion and beauty. One can easily identify a Singaporean not only by the way we speak, but by the way we dress – tank tops, shorts and flip flops (guilty)! However, underneath this seemingly lack of concern of fashion, there are still some parts in us that yearned to dress nicely and we turn to these sources for inspirations:


1.     Fashion Magazines

The traditional source of inspiration showing pages and pages of models dressed in the most fashionable clothing of the season. In addition to clothes, these magazines also provide the latest reviews on skin care and cosmetics products that always look like they can cure a million skincare problems. The downside of magazines these days are that they are rather costly and heavy to carry around (because there are so many beautiful things to show)! Not to worry though, the availability of e-magazines means that you can browse them easier on the go.


Source: screenshot from Google
Flashy covers and attractive headlines. How many times have we wished that we can look like these models?

2.     Instagram

Whoever started the #ootd hashtag ought to be given a prize. There are tons and tons of photos on Instagram that shows how ordinary people like you and I can spice up our wardrobe or coordination of clothes, possibly at a cheaper price. All you need to do is to find a few users that you like and follow their daily #ootds for useful inspirations that you can make use of! I especially like that we can follow anyone around the world and get a taste of what fashion means in their countries.


Source: @cmcoving
How I wish we have four seasons in Singapore!

3.    Online Communities

No time to browse magazines or Instagram? Find it too troublesome to see who are the good Instagram users to follow? How about a all-in-one website that gives you a quick overview of what you need from fashion to beauty or even other lifestyle needs that you have? Online communities like Zalora community aims to do just that. Like Instagram, the contents are crafted by people who interested in sharing their opinions on almost everything under the sun. While a picture paints a thousand words, pictures with words paint even more – think free tips on skincare or cheat sheets on perfecting makeup skills!


Source: Zalora Community
Stealing accessories from boys, who would have thought of that ?!

15 comments:

  1. INstagram is my source of Inspiration all the time. You can find me scrolling through hash tags every 30 mins :P

    Coming Up - Bluestone Peacock Jewelry Collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest inspiration is normal people who I meet on a day-to-day basis. I feel that I more real than the mags and insta.
    - Heena, www.iCynosure.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instagram is definitely without a doubt a big pot of inspiration for me, too! It's much more convenient since you can take your phone wherever you go :D Fashion wise, K-dramas have them all LOL so I like to watch my dramas every now and then. Plus they always have the up to date beauty must-haves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tips hun!!!!i love browsing on instagram it give me so many new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great virtual inspirations. I think instagram stands out the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great virtual inspirational post I must say ... I love Instagram for that x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel more inspired with browsing through instagram pictures. I appreciate the photographs more compared to stories written in text. Every time I browse the hashtag #Travel and it gives me awesome results of travel experiences from other people and i'm like wow! I need to go here and there and that one too. Soooon. <3

    www.laagankaayo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love going onto Instagram to check out other people's fashion for inspiration!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instagram is definitely my source of inspiration. One can see me scrolling on it whole day and going through the hashtags.

    http://lamodeeternelleetc.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im not a fashion magazine person but Instagram surely does the job for me! agree with you, the tag inventor should get an award for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas for inspiration. I would love to use them whenever I run out of ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. instagram is the one place where i get my inspiration. pinterest is also a good choice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love instagram and pinterest! But the problem is I end up spending far too long on it haha x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  14. Instagram and Pinterest inspire me everyday. I couldn't live without them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Instagram would definitely be my number one source for inspiration. I'd go more towards pinterest than magazines tho, i find the former works better for me .

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.