Sanpoutei Ramen and La Nonna

1:35 AM
*blows dust off blog*
Sanpoutei Ramen singapore
Went to Sanpoutei Ramen recently because I saw that it has tori-based ramen on its menu. I cannot seem to enjoy pork-based ramen because the oil was such a turn-off. Bf had some fish-based version which I didn't take a picture of since they looked about the same anyway. 

Sanpoutei Ramen singapore

I was disappointed because there wasn't a chicken-based taste to my ramen. However it was not bad, I could finish the whole bowl of ramen and that's saying something lol. They put too much veggie for my liking. Final verdict: Tori King has pampered me too much, I would just stick to Tori King next time. 

On a separate day...
BF and I went to La Noona.
Actually I have never heard of that place before, but he wanted to have dinner in Holland V and I whipped up the trusty Entertainer app and saw...

(p/s there are other restaurants listed as well which are located in Holland V, but we wanted some Italian food instead)

entertainer la nonna


entertainer la nonna

Apparently it is quite popular among the expats and we weren't able to get a seat inside because they were reserved by other people. Anyway, we got ourselves pasta and lasagne, they also gave us a complimentary basket of bread and the smiley olive oil :D  


smiley face olive oil

Didn't take a picture of the lasagne, because.. it is lasagne lol. Though the bf said it was delicious and he wanted to go back again. I had Linguine Pasta served with Crab Meat in Tomato Cream sauce and Basil ($25 before Entertainer's discount). This was my first crab meat pasta and I must say it can get really additive. For a moment I was worried that they use the fake crab meat in the pasta, but nah, it was all real. Would love to try the aglio oilo next time!



cherpopiah Linguine Pasta served with Crab Meat in Tomato Cream sauce and Basil la nonna

Since we saved quite a bit from the 1-for-1 deals, we decided to get tiramisu as well ($12). Sorry about the crappy photo, was too excited about tiramisu to care too much. Unfortunately this wasn't as good as I expected, the layer of cocoa power was too thick and I kinda have to scrap them off the cake. I am still missing the ones in Italy and Perth. 


cherpopiah tiramisu cake la nonna

Ok that's it for the rather unexciting food reviews. I honestly lack vocabulary to describe food. If you need anything to convince you to try La Nonna.. well let's just say I will visit that restaurant again! 

19 comments:

  1. Tiramisu looks so yummy, i wouldn't mind layers of cocoa :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love ramen. Since last yr i've been eating at diff ramen places myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. open your blog post in the middle of the night is very big mistake.
    pork ramen is always the best ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me starving x'D
    The sweet cake looks tempting xD

    Thanks for sharing <3

    VISIT MY BLOG❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dessert looks so yummy!

    XO, Rachel

    www.glowandglimmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little robot guy is so cute :p It's a shame you were dissappointed with the ramen and the dessert wasn't as good as expected, but at least you know more about this place now :) x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiramisu looks yummy, so I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't that good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not had Ramen in a very long time. Now I want it. Shame they never had chicken. That would always be my first choice. The tiramisu looks so yummy.

    GIG LOVE | The Life of Leeshastarr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. This food looks really amazing. I am hungry now. Lol. Great post.
    Gig love
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw the tiramisu looks nice but I'm not too fond a thick layer of cocoa myself

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure what ramen is but it looks great and I am going to Google how to make it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you dislike the oil in tonkotsu ramen, then why not get miso based? They're not oily at all, my fav type of ramen. Though sanpoutei failed to impress you, their ajitama sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love ramen because of I falling love with korean culture!
    Blog :Beauty Secret

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food looks so so delicious!! I would love to try them asap!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious! I love Italian food and that tiramasu looks divine. <3 GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too bad that Tori did not work for you but I would definitely like to visit La Nonna based on your recommendation GIG

    ReplyDelete
  17. now u make me crave for a bowl of delicious ramen!!god!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwee!!! Scrumptious food indeed but I love the lil robot guy in early pictures :-D Cute indeed x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.