Chromecast for Iphone Yes or No?

2:38 PM
A few weeks back there was the Black Friday sale in the US.
To my disappointment I did not managed to get anything decent.

So I got really upset lol and bought the chromecast on impulse. 
*just FYI, the plug in the US version, you will need a converter*


*no decent pictures either because I was in a hurry to use it and I have since passed it to my friend*

chromecast box back minion



so anyway it came in this neat little box with the dongle, usb to plug to the switch and and extended HDMI cable for presumably better connection (which equates to better quality and less lag). 


chromecast setup tv

Setting up was pretty easy, just follow the instructions. 

connecting to chrome cast

So pretty soon I was able to 'cast' what's on my computer to the big TV. 
This is a not so flattering picture of Han Ye Seul lol. 

han ye seul

Personally after using chromecast, I realised pretty quickly how redundant it is for me. Initially I thought I could play my iPhone games on the big screen. It was clear within seconds that this is not happening lol. Ya la I know la! Bought on impulse never bothered to read ma! 

Then I didn't need the 'cast' from Youtube function because my TV is already that smart. 
So this 'cast' from website is good right?

Wrong.
Essentially I could have just stick a HDMI cable from my laptop to the TV and it would give the same effect. 

Actually, it would be better because Chromecast requires the use of Wi-Fi so if you have multiple users at home, it WILL lag. 
Might not be anything if you are browsing the web, but it is a little sad if you want to watch a video. 

Also, the computer got really hot from just an hour of casting (facepalm).

 Apparently you can get a lot more out from Chromecast if you are using Andriod. I am not going to bother finding out what those are since I am never a fan of Andriod. In my opinion though, if you really need to 'cast' something from the computer to the TV, a HDMI cable would be better - so there is no need for all these. 

Hope this helps in stopping your impulse buys :) 

P/S I am using Mac and iPhone 

8 comments:

  1. HDMI cable surely is a better option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, my boy uses HDMI cable too. so much cheaper. haha, try to see not being able to buy something as a good thing, you've saved up for a bigger better purchase next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is great! Yay for HDMI cable :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is such a great idea.
    i think would say yes for this thing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha... impulse buying! glad u find a new owner for it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same, I think cable is a better idea actually. Maybe Chromecast needs more improvement then the public will choose to use it. giggle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that it does seem a bit redundant with all the other product available out there. I appreciate your review though!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.