What To Do When You Have A Lost Mail?

3:06 PM

Everyone hates lost mails and so do I.
What I hate the most however, is people asking me X10000 times what to do and later accuse me of being rude. 

Hello? I said specifically to opt for registered mail. 
*rant over*

This is the organisation you have to blame when you have a lost mail from me because 
  1. There is no point for me to keep your items. If you are a spree-er of mine, we wear different sizes/styles so I am not out to take your stuff! If you are a buyer of mine, I am SELLING my stuff, not really dying to keep them
  2. I write return address on all my package. You would think Singpost would have the decency to return them back to me but no, it doesn't happen all the time. 
So here's what to do.

a) Check your address if it is correct.
Sometimes spree-ers do email me wrong addresses and all they had to do was to pop by their neighbour's house to get their stuff :)

b) Inform me. I cannot do anything actually, except to say I am sorry and I will inform you if there's a return mail and direct you to point a), c) and d)

c) Assess if your parcel may be too big for your mailbox. 

If you know your postman well, I think you can make arrangement to 'hide' your parcels. Postman should BY RIGHT leave a piece of notification stating that the parcel is too big, so please collect it from the post office. BUT NO, SOME POSTMEN ARE TOO LAZY TO DO THAT. I will suggest you to drop by your nearest post office to ask if they have a parcel for you

d) This is a lost cause if you want to try, call Singpost and ask about your parcel. 
The standard response would be, we cannot track normal mail sorry. But if you want to try go ahead.

There was this freak accident where the post man sent a spree-er's item to another person who was living in the same estate, even though she wrote her address correctly. It is neither my fault nor the spree-er's fault, but shit happens so both of us have to deal with this okay?  So if this happens to you...

For my spree-ers I do leave my HP number on the return address, yes even for normal mail. So in any case your items were lost in delivery, there is a chance that the person who picked it up will call me.

So there will be 2 solutions to this problem.

Solution 1 (assuming the person is living in the same area as you. E.g. Both staying in Yishun)

  1. I will ask spree-er if he/she is ok with collecting the parcel from the person who mistakenly received it. 
  2. If both parties are willing to meet-up, yay!
Solution 2 (assuming the person is living in another area. E.g. spree-er stays in Yishun, person stays in Jurong)

  1. I will ask both parties if they are willing to meetup at a place stated by the person who received the parcel this is because while the parcel is mistakenly sent, the person by right need not inform me, and the parcel would have been lost. It is also not the person's fault for receiving your parcel. What if the person threw away your parcel in a fit of anger how?
  2. If both parties are unwilling to meet, I will ask the person to pass the parcel to Singpost. Singpost stated (I asked them) that they will not collect the parcel from the wrong receiver, instead the person has to (with integrity) go to the post office. 
  3. If the person refused to go to Singpost, I will do my best to meetup with him/her. Note that this can only occur when I am free. If I am having an exam or something, I WILL NOT MEETUP and you will need to wait. 
  4. Once I have received the parcel, I will tell Singpost to waive the postage off, but if they refused. Spree-er will have to pay for the postage again. Yes, I know it is not your fault, but it is not mine either. I helped you meet up with the person to take the parcel back already, so in fairness you pay for the postage okay? Remember, neither the person nor I (because it wasn't my fault) have the obligation to deliver the parcel safely to you, this could have been a 'lost mail' incident yes? 




Okay! I hope this clears things up once and for all! Enjoy online shopping people :) 




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.